If there is one part of your skin that you should pay extra attention to, it’s the part that frames your eyes.
Why does the eye area deserve more TLC? This is because the skin around the eyes is much thinner and more delicate than the rest of the face, more susceptible to damage, dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Take note of these tips to keep your eyes framed by smooth, healthy skin:
1. Be extra gentle when removing eye makeup.
Taking off eye makeup can take a lot of work, especially if you’re using waterproof products. Though it’s tempting to scrub or rub away at stubborn mascara or eyeliner, doing so can damage the eye area’s sensitive skin.
Here’s how you can improve on this part:
• Soak a cotton pad with makeup remover.
• Hold the cotton pad over your closed eye for 20 seconds.
• Gently drag cotton the pad in the direction of your lashes. Do not tug or apply heavy pressure.
• To remove eyeliner, hold the pad over your eye, then swipe gently along the lashline. Use a cotton bud soaked w/ makeup remover to remove stubborn eye make along the lashline.
2. Avoid fragrance and alcohol.
Check the labels on your products. Alcohol can sting your skin, while fragrances can cause allergies to flare up. Steer clear of face products that have both, especially if you have sensitive skin.
3. Wear sunglasses.
Your sunnies don’t just complete a look; they also keep the skin around your eyes protected from the sun’s UV rays. In turn, you’re protected from wrinkles and crow’s feet. Treat yourself to a pair or two!
4. Use a separate product.
This area requires extra care that your usual moisturizer can’t give. After cleansing, treat the under-eye area with Celeteque Dermoscience Brightening Eye Tuck and Dark Circles Lightener. Gently dab and spread the formula using your ring finger. Use every day, in the morning and at night.
5. Keep a healthy lifestyle.
Never underestimate the impact of a healthy diet and an active lifestyle on the skin. It also helps to practice good sleep habits and stay hydrated.